Mechanical Optimization for Medical Ultrasound Monitor
A leading healthcare solution company based out of Europe commissioned Promate Solutions to design and manufacture medical-grade monitors for their premium ultrasound machines.
For diagnostic confidence, it’s crucial for the monitor to reproduce superb image quality, e.g. the blackest blacks when viewing grayscale images. In addition to imaging capabilities, a robust structure is important for the ultrasound machine to resist unavoidable accidental impacts and to be in place while being transported from room to room.
The display monitor is required to be designed with comprehensive risk management in mind, where medical equipment is subject to more strict requirements ensuring safety and reliability for use in medical environments.
Challenged to deliver a thinner, lighter but more robust monitor, Promate outperformed with its mechanical engineering expertise and developed a more competitive monitor product. The design received excellent customer reviews, achieved 15% weight reduction and industrial grade robustness.
Promate helps the client outperform the competition by:
1. Reducing time to market with improved design cycles
2. Significantly decreasing weight and footprint of product
3. Enhancing mechanical structure to augment strength
4. Uncompromising level of reliability for medical standards
5. Ensuring consistent display image quality and mechanical and electrical stability
6. Designing for optimal manufacturing efficiency
Compliances and risk management included in design methodology
Reducing weight and footprint while enhancing robustness
Overcome the distortion of plastic chassis and tolerance of panel components
2. Refine front bezel screw boss dimensions
3. Refine back plate structure to reduce strain on panel mounting
4. Adding central bracket on the back plate to reduce distortion